Saturday, November 14, 2009

Low-rise hiking pants for women?

I am looking for low-rise hiking pants that are preferably not cotton, as this is inconvenient when traveling to a hot place with 100% humidity. I'm sick of all the women's pants that have a waist that could double as a shelf bra... Anyone out there have any suggestions?? I'm also a size 2 so I have tried men's pants and they are all way to big. Thanks!!

Low-rise hiking pants for women?
Sorry I can't give you a direct answer, but my GF (about your size) just buys the ones she otherwise likes and rolls the waist band over once or twice - like rolling up the cuffs but at the other end. With a shirt/blouse hanging over it, no one knows. I do the same thing with some of my pants. Works like a charm.





The various nylon ones work well in humidity, and you can get them in hiking styles or more dressy (like where you have to wear pants to go eat dinner).





If you do end up needing something good for travel/casual/dress that is good in high heat/humidity, I'd recommend TravelSmith as a source - http://www.travelsmith.com/. A bit pricey but good stuff.





If you're looking for something cheap by mail order, try Campmor - http://www.campmor.com. Selections may be limited in size and color, but it's worth a look; they seem to specialize in out-of-season and overstocks. Of course, the women's stuff is more expensive than the men's.
Reply:Look in REI's.


No comments:

Post a Comment